MOOC Projects at Ghent University
In 2018, Ghent University provided funding for a number of MOOC projects. This Education Tip gives an overview of those projects and their collaborators.
Are you interested in finding out what a MOOC can do for your teaching practice? Please consult this Education Tip on MOOCs.
Take a look at some of the MOOCS developed by Ghent University professors on www.mooc.epotentia.com
Big MOOC Projects
Ghent University approved two big MOOC projects, each of them resulting in a full-blown MOOC of 3 ECTS.
- Prof. dr. Gijs Du Laing - Technologies for recovery of resources from wastewater and solid waste (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Wim Bogaerts - Silicon Photonics (pdf)
Small MOOC Projects
Ghent University also approved thirteen small MOOC projects, in which one or two modules from a course unit were turned into a MOOC.
- Prof. dr. Peter Finke - Predicting soil change in a warming climate with the SoilGen-model (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Bernadette Van Ryssen - Het orthopedisch onderzoek bij kleine huisdieren (pdf) (Orthopaedic Examination of Small Pets)
- Prof. dr. Luc Duchateau - Basic experimental design (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Patrick Goethals - Boost your language corpus work (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Lutgart Braeckman - Epidemiology applied in Occupational Health and Safety (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Birger Raa - Card-based Shop Floor Control Systems for Lean Manufacturing (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Bart Doyen - Radiation protection in the operation theatre: the do’s and don’ts (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Wim Soetaert - CROSS-border BioEconomy Education @ Ugent (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Ruben Verborgh - Web Fundamentals: op zoek naar het verband tussen MOOCs, blended learning en co-creatie (pdf) (Web Fundamentals: In Search of the Connection Between MOOCs, Blended Learning and Co-Creation)
- Prof. dr. Sofie Verbrugge - Engineering Economy (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Tanja Van Hecke - Basic Mathematics for Students Engineering Technology (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Ben Dhooge - Russia between East and West (pdf)
- Prof. dr. Greet Van Eetvelde - Energy & Resource Symbiosis in Process Industry (pdf)